Car Scratch Removal in Lynnwood
A car scratch is definitely an eyesore. Perhaps a child bumped into your car while catching a ball, or the car was struck by a runaway shopping cart. Either way, you have a visible scratch that stands out like a sore thumb. Car scratch removal is best left to an auto painting service, though you may be able to minimize the blemish yourself with a few DIY tricks.
The DIY Car Scratch Removal Process
- Locate the factory paint code. This comes in the form of a white sticker or plaque with a bar code. You can find this on the doorsill or under the hood. It has the code you need to find the matching polishing compound color.
- Clean the surface area around the scratch using plain water and a dry cloth.
- Apply a small amount of polishing compound on a microfiber cloth.
- Rub the cloth over the surface in a circular motion until the scratch is no longer visible or greatly minimized.
- Use a clean cloth to buff the area using the same circular wiping pattern.
The above steps are intended for minor surface scratches. A deeper scratch may penetrate beyond the outer clear-coat enamel and into the primer beneath the paint. A simple polishing, in this case, will be ineffective; you’ll need an auto body repair company to provide professional paint restoration services.
Got a Deep Scratch? Contact Northwest Auto Rebuild
A newly discovered scratch can be frustrating, especially if your car is new or a vintage model. No need to fret, though, as Northwest Auto Rebuild performs scratch removal and other auto body repairs. See our FAQ page to learn more about our full range of auto body repair services.
Whether you want us to remove a car scratch or repaint the entire body, let us be your go-to auto body shop in Bellevue. Remember, DIY car scratch removal is only for surface-level scratches; deeper scratches almost always require professional intervention.
Auto Painting & Scratch Removal in Bellevue
Expert auto body restoration in Bothell, Bellevue, Clyde Hill, Kenmore, Kirkland, Lake Sammamish, Medina, Mercer Island, Redmond & Woodinville